Milestones


I have recently marked my time on earth as 5 decades.  You do the math.  And as I embrace this milestone (not very tightly I might add), because honestly, unless I live to be 100 (I surely hope this is NOT going to be the case), it's my last milestone.  I spend way too much time reliving my life in my head (I drive a lot). 

Not only have a I reached this milestone, but I have recently become an empty-nester.  My youngest moved out and now it's just me and the dog.  Although I struggled with the concept before the reality, NOW, it's not a bad thing.  She still comes home, we still do things together and we talk more than we did when we lived together. 

The old cliche about everything having a purpose?  It does.  So many things that I have gone through in my life, NOW make sense.  Things in life, challenges, hardships, struggles, all prepare you for what's coming in your life.  It wasn't that long ago that I realized that I had WAY too many open doors in my life, things that I couldn't move past until I faced it.  And then, things just started presenting themselves, the doors started opening wider and I needed to make choices that were hard, but needed to be made.  Once all the doors were closed, I felt such a relief and some freedom that I didn't feel prior.

Life has taught me many many lessons, whether I wanted to learn them or not.  Some lessons I fought, but eventually was taught.  Yes, life is funny that way, when you are meant to do or learn, it will teach you one way or another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle Of Darkness

Our World Is A Horrible Place

Expressing My Thoughts