This Is Not Home Away From Home

When we book hotels for whatever reason, whether it is for work or a vacation, most of us do our homework.  We read reviews and read through all the details on the website, in fact, I won't even stay at a hotel that does not have ample information on the website.  So, I did that... and still?  The hotel I am in this week has little to be desired!

When I first went in search of a hotel in the area that work was sending me, I was sort of directed to this one by my boss.  He stayed here when he traveled here for business.  Apparently, he doesn't have high hotel standards!  And I really don't as a rule.  My main criteria for a hotel is a fridge in the room, a decent internet connection and a some what decent breakfast, oh an NO BUGS!!!!  I read reviews specifically for any comments about creepy crawlies!

Well, let me just say, this hotel sucks!  The internet is SLOW, the TV has very few channels, the breakfast?  No, it is NOT a breakfast!  And to top it off, my co-worker found a bed bug in his room!  Um, to say the least, I am not a happy camper.  I am venting in a blog for now, but when I leave, I will be leaving my own personal review on their website, and I will NOT be staying here ever again. 

I very rarely find a reason to complain about a hotel, and I probably could deal with the slow internet, the lack of decent food, and I really do not care much about the TV, but the bugs?  Yeah... I care! 

On the brighter side.... they do have a fridge.  They have entire mini kitchen in fact, with a stove, sink and dishwasher!  If not for the bug, I would probably rate this hotel about a 2.5 - 3, however, since a bug was discovered.... rate will be lower.  They did upgrade my co-worker to an executive suite, however, not sure that was worth knowing there was a bug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle Of Darkness

Our World Is A Horrible Place

Expressing My Thoughts